View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2015, 07:37

davecymru is on a distinguished road

From just looking at this forum i recon there are about a dozen Miglias that i know of. Out of those I'm only aware of a couple that are on the road, but that is just going from what is on here!

ScimJim - please come and say hi if you see me out next year as it was a great run-out and just the right sort of distance for a Sunday morning

Some of you have been asking about SWMBO's camper as that's diverting me from the Miglia mods i want to do.
Just to give you an idea of what's been tying me up over the last 9 months here it is as i bought it:

Note all of the black paint! It turned out that it was all THICK underseal / Hammerite and it was all hiding rust / cracks / bodges from over the years

But that has all now been stripped off as far as possible and while i'm not willing or able to do a a full back-to metal rebuild, all of the bodyfiller has now been replaced with actual real metal!! The roof is now once again watertight, the window seals replaced with rubber that actually stops water, the window sills are now metal rather than filler and the interior has been stripped, cleaned and no longer smells of mold!

Just need to finish refitting the interior, fix the wipers and then do a quick engine service and i can official hand it over and get back to the Miglia!!