View Single Post
Old 30th March 2015, 18:44
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Valve Ed View Post
My understanding is there is no way VOSA will pass a Berlinetta with the Cortina front cross member/subframe because it's not carrying the imposed loads in the way Ford intended, nor is it mounted as Ford intended. I am aware of a Berlinetta with welded in suspension mounts like the Cabrio which uses a form of Sierra suspension but are't there issues with using the cut down struts?

When I fist saw mine I thought it needed a strut across where the engine would have been, that isn't practicable because of the position of the nose cone but I have put a strut across the front extensions which carry the tie rods to help strengthen that area. Time will tell if that improves things.

There is no mention of a V5 or date of registration, if it is unregistered then it's grossly overpriced in my opinion, only worth the value of the parts, which while they may be new they are old hat.
Hi Robert,
I guessed you would have heard about the Berlinetta suspension issues. But Marlin do use cut down BMW front struts on the Sportster and they pass SVA/IVA without issue so that could be an option, if indeed necessary.

Buying an unregistered car would certainly be a huge risk and I wonder if the dealer selling that car is aware and just chancing his luck in finding someone unaware of the VOSA issue?

...peter