View Single Post
Old 27th October 2015, 17:02

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Part 2:
Unfortunately, my wife had to pop out and I needed her to help me get the body shell back on.

In the end she was delayed, so I made the rather rash decision to lift the body shell single handed.

This was physically quite a strain, but there was a real risk I would drop and break the body shell.

So I was very happy when the body shell was finally in position.

Note:
My plan was to prop up the body shell from this position, add the bonding paste and then drop it back down.
( Thus avoiding any panic to get the body shell in place without "catching" the bonding paste while moving it. )

Unfortunately, my joy was short lived, as the new bridge panel under the driver's hump fouled the frame.

I really should have known better than to put a straight line anywhere near my body shell without checking first.

The only good news is that I can fix this by cutting out a small section of the "bridge".

But by now it was getting dark so I decided to pack up for the night and live to fight another day.

I could even raise a smile when I discovered than one lid was missing.

Depending on the weather, and other stuff I need to do, I might be able to sort this out tomorrow.

Until next time, take care, Paul.