View Single Post
Old 13th November 2015, 14:03

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Weather Permitting:
Not much car time available today, but still managed to inch along a little bit...

Grabbed a few minutes outside before the rain arrived first thing in the morning.

Peeled off the covers from the rear of the car.

Which was just enough to give me access to the boot floor panelling and I taped the next batch of panels into position.

Passenger Side:

Centre:

Driver's Side:

Note:
I'm leaving the panels with the drain holes off for now, as the gaps help me access the other side of the panels.

But while I remember, here is what those panels look like now after I used fibreglass filler to hold the connectors in place.
( This is after an initial rough sanding, there is a bit more tidying up to do. )

This is the "exit" side.

And this side will connect to the drain hose inside the boot.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It took a particularly wild hail storm to finally clear the rain away.

This was it approaching the front of the house, when there was a clear blue sky over the back garden.

I was on the phone when it hit, so couldn't get a photo of it absolutely lashing down.

So it was the afternoon before I had the chance to mix up some bonding paste and slap it on.
( You will notice that I added the thin panel to the driver's side before I did this. )

I know it all looks a complete mess, but at least gap between the boot floor and the body shell is slowly closing up.

Hopefully, by the time I have finished sorting this out and covered it in Tetroseal it will look a bit more presentable.

That's all for today, as I should really be doing something else.

Cheers, Paul.