View Single Post
Old 16th November 2015, 16:36

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Scottie - I'll be very happy if the car drives at all, regardless of its performance.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Monday Morning:
Lovely warm glow in the sky this morning, although the photo doesn't really do it justice.

Despite the nice start to the day, there was rain in the forecast, so I needed a few quick jobs to do...

Removed the tape from the drain hole panels fitted yesterday and filled in the gaps with bonding paste.

I know this patchwork quilt approach looks as ugly as sin, but the longer the paste cures, the more solid it gets / feels.

Also applied bonding paste to the remaining inside joins of these panels, via the boot opening.

Not easy to get a decent photo in here either, but hopefully this should give you the general idea.

Top of the panels to the angle iron boot floor support bracket.

Bottom of the panels to the body shell itself.

Note:
All these hard to reach areas get a second layer of paste to cover any bits I miss first time around.

While I remember, this is where the fibreglass filler went between the rear cockpit framework & the body shell.

Still needs a final coat of normal filler to smooth it out a bit.

Started to put some Tetroseal on the inside of the cockpit walls.

I also did the underside of the top bridging panels, although it is not easy to see in the photo.

I just need to work out where the rest of the panelling will go before doing any more areas.

Final job of the morning was to make a template for the passenger side of the cockpit.

As with the rear wall panel, the rear corner will need to be constructed separately.

I also need to leave some space to provide access to the side mirror mounting points.

At this point I had to put the covers on to do some other chores and, sure enough, the rain did arrive.

End of Part 1...