View Single Post
Old 12th January 2014, 13:18

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mille Miglia View Post
Hi all,

I aquired some while ago a partly build Dino replica.
The body is not new, as it probably has been used for a previous project, but the chassis looks brand new.

I believe the body is a DGT?? Could anyone confirm this?
But I do not know what brand/manufacturer the chassis is?

I have this replica currently for sale but actually do not realy want to sell it but due to the fact I do not know the maker of both the chassis and body, I am not sure which specific parts I should use to complete the car.

Does anyone recognize either the body and/or the chassis?
If so, does anyone has a build manual? I would highly appreciate to obtain this as I would like to know for example what parts are used (from what donor) to fit the doors, what steering column is needed etc.

Please refer to the following link:
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C439244

I have quite some experience restoring classic cars; Porsches 911's and Ferrari's 308's, so to build a replica should not be a big problem to me.

Any support is welcome!!
Hi
I'm a bit late to this thread. I know that CR did start out with a cut and shut deon chassis and a bodyshell moulded from a car they finished for a disgruntled deon owner.
Later mods included updating running gear and engines. They did claim to have a 246 dino chassis that was copied and a 246 shell they remoulded but from the advert you have posted it does look like the body you have is the deon moulded one with the low nose. I cannot really tell which chassis you have. I have deon parts lists/build manuals if you need them but I doubt they would be of much help.
Ian