View Single Post
Old 8th January 2015, 17:11

Nike55 is on a distinguished road

Hi Paul, thanks for your kind words of encouragement. I have been watching yours, and other builds, few of which are G46 related but have a lot of commonality. In fact I have been busy compiling a dossier of how things fit /don't fit / are made to fit so I have a good idea of where I am going with the design and how to get there.

I am amazed at how much ground you have covered working in the drive and back garden - usually in very inhospitable conditions. You deserve First Prize for tenacity and perseverance.

I hope to get the beast off the drive and under cover in a month or so when I can start stripping the car down, modifying and rebuilding as necessary. I need to strip the body off the chassis for outrigger repairs and once satisfactory will modify body to suit my taste, then I can start to re build.

My build 'pit' is located near Aldenham and once I get my act together and clear the area I should have enough space for the G46. I currently have a knackered and rusty XJ6 which I'm taking some parts off to use on the G46 so once stripped and removed I will gain rather a lot more space...

Unfortunately I'm a bit stuck at present with the Shogun needing its body welded back on to the chassis and the Alfa Spider needing fettling..

So many cars - not enough time.