View Single Post
Old 6th April 2017, 17:56

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

I shot up to Eastleigh today to visit the car and run through a few things with Mark ...no progress today due to my getting in the way , mostly , but he's back on it tomorrow with a finish date of Sunday hopefully ...

We ran through the design ideas for the dropped floorpans and tunnel arrangement as it has changed slightly ....The tunnel is now space framed as you can see ..the intention is to clad it on the inside with steel , so the space framing is still visible but the prop is obviously fully enclosed . the steel cladding will continue either side of the tunnel and drop between the rails to form the dropped floorpans , it will also be tied into the side framework as it exits the floorpan area ...so basically a complete Space frame setup with fitted tunnel and floorpans that will simply drop / locate into place on your prepped chassis . the front frame will attach to the bulkhead on the top door hinge point and this will obviously locate the bulkhead ...a pair of bolt on extra crossmember pieces will also sit under the bulkhead front edge to support it in its new , stepped back off the outrigger , position .
The rear frame has all mounting points for the Spitfire fuel tank and a mounting point for the spare wheel ...the rear frame will mount on the original body mount positions and 2 extra ones on the boot ouriggers ...
strapping is being used in areas the framework doesnt touch to enable the body to sit on the structure and it can be bonded in place as well as fixings in the door shuts etc...

If anyone understands all of that ....can they explain it to me please !!!

Here's some pics that don't show anymore than previously but do show the car from a few different angles than previously and also the first ones with the 15'' wheels fitted ...

The body will be bolted to the framework at the rear in the boot shut area , no visible fixings when bootlid in place ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 6th April 2017 at 18:00..