View Single Post
Old 30th March 2017, 19:42
Enthusiast

micky1mo is on a distinguished road

After nearly 2 years the new SAMMIO ALPHA is soon to be moulded and reproduced ready for market

It's a bit dusty from the workshop but the car started with a new battery and drove out.

Spent the weekend stripping it out ready for the trip to Chris at Tribute Automotive who will be doing all the mould work.

With it stripped out you can see just how much of the original donor is used in the build.

And it's got a practical boot area too.

The first moulds will be the prototype to see how it is received as this build is a lot different from the normal build.
There will also be (at some time soon) a choice of bonnets this one and a Spyder style one!

If popular the Mk2 will have doors and possibly a re-worked area around the wind screen scuttle because by keeping the original wind screen not only will the build be easier, provide something to hang on to when getting in and out but will also go a long way towards supporting a roof !!!. Yes, a SAMMIO with a roof

This mould is produced primarily for the Triumph Spitfire Mk4 but we have taken into consideration the possibility of stretching to the suit the Triumph Herald, 2CV ect but the build will be much like the original Sammio build of the past ie; bulkhead, supporting frame, work floor pans ect.

Up until now I have had a lot of casual inquires so I hope this will answer most question raised.
I will keep you all posted via this forum of the progress and start a thread on the first one I build.

PS, anyone got a Vitesse gearbox I desperately need one for the Bugatti build.