View Single Post
Old 11th June 2015, 15:49

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

Hi Ed, The headlamps need to be bigger and higher, a pair of Super Oscar shells with H4 inserts would be good, the ones I have are as small as you can get with a 180 lamp. Something like the black car in the pic below but obviously the outer lamps within 16" of the width of the car.

I quite fancy fitting a central driving lamp like this one, it was a very distinctive feature of the Alfa's. I have read the lighting Regs and I THINK it would be legal provided it went out when the headlamps are dipped.

I really don't understand the orange covers, in the pics I have many Alfa's have them .

Eventually I will paint it all, the atmosphere here is full of sand and salt, it will be white in weeks if it's left as is.

Planning to make the back tub about the same height as it is in the middle, not sloping it off as it curves forwards to the sides. The big changes being moving the front edge back at least five, maybe six inches, to give more room for the back passengers and making the back less streamlined with provision for two spare wheels on a frame at the back which hinges away to allow the boot lid to open, perhaps... Might just make a smaller boot lid, with a fixed spare wheel mounting at the back, a bit like this...

But with the wheels much further back and almost upright, which would leave more room for a boot. I think it's just a matter of bashing a bit of aluminium sheet about and see what I come up with, it will evolve!

For now I will be content with an MOT... LOL

Last edited by 8 Valve Ed; 11th June 2015 at 15:55.. Reason: Added content.