View Single Post
Old 10th June 2020, 18:45

andysharrock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
I'm going for the stripped down, Outlaw racer look so I've sourced a Porsche 550 Spyder aeroscreen (from Martin & Walker). I think it was about £120 from memory.

Not a great picture as it's still in the packaging, but it's the same size and shape as the Sammio Spyder screen, albeit a fully moulded one that attaches without the need for a separate frame.

I did look at the glass screen with the fancy chromed brass frame and alloy side posts, but, as you say, it's a mighty expensive option with even the rubber seals coming in at a couple of hundred quid.

I've seen one or two come up on ebay but they're never cheap and are often in the States.

Are you planning to go with a folding roof or just a screen? It'd save a lot of cash if you used a perspex deflector.

Well I had the same idea as you but can not do that now, lol one to ponda on for a bit .it crossed my mind to make a metal frame out of some U Chanel and cut and weld the round parts. then have the glass split in the middle like on the old moggy minor . going to need something for the roof long term I may make a hard top to remove and possibly a soft top .as my kit is home made at least the middle part nothing stock will fit. if it dose I will be very lucky for it to follow the profile and width nothing is ever that simple.