View Single Post
Old 19th November 2017, 13:05

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road
Default chassis

Hi Ross

I had some steel spacers cnc machined up to press fit on to the fiat 124 hubs from the back. The back face was machined parallel to the front face. The outside diameter was untouched and used for accuracy.
With the spacers pressed on to the fiat hubs new 5x108 holes were bored and new studs pressed in from the back. The steel spacers were also machined on there outside diameter for the new brembo disc's. The spacers sit approximately 0.25mm down from the hub face again using this original face for accuracy when bolting the wheels up.The action of the wheels being bolted on eliminates any chance of anything coming loose!!
To mount the brakes I first tried to use the original fiat caliper mount and machined an aluminium adaptor to mount my wilwood calipers onto but it was to baulky and also clashed with the steering arm on full lock.So I designed my own based around the fiat ones had them laser cut and I welded them up.
The original fiat hubs had a taper on the wheel mount boss so this was squared up so I could turn up my spacers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 048.jpg (94.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 050.jpg (97.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 049.jpg (98.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 052.jpg (94.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 056.jpg (88.8 KB, 10 views)