Thread: Stoneleigh
View Single Post
Old 27th March 2008, 23:19
Enthusiast

kenmorton is on a distinguished road

Hi Chris,
welcome on board!
36-1 trigger wheel. I had one machined and screwed to the front of my pully because it was the easiest solution for mounting my crank sensor. If I remember correctly there is enough meat on the pully to actually drill the pattern into the front face if you can mount the sensor to suit.
I have used an Omex ecu and I was going to use the Honda crank and tdc sensors (mounted behind one of the camshaft pullies - 4 sensors in all giving 12 equal crankshaft positions and 1 tdc position for each bank) but the mappers said they would be happier with 36-1.
If you are going fully mapped ignition then the Ford V6 edis is the best coil pack available - £20 from the scrap yard and capable of throwing a spark across huge gaps (my back-up in case my coil packs run out of puff at 14 p.s.i.)
Injectors. Although the Honda injectors are low impedence they also have a resistor pack which effectively gives the same current requirement as high impedence injectors (but still retaining most of the supposedly faster response of the low impedence injectors)