View Single Post
Old 20th November 2016, 10:53

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Molleur - Cheers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Roadster - It does make a nice change to be checking the weather forecast for driving, rather than building, conditions.

Today's forecast was a wet and windy wash out, so I knew I had to make the most of yesterday.

There were times when I definitely fell out of love with the car during the Frankenstein Hill-Billy stage of the build.
( As the only light at the end of the tunnel I could see tended to be an on-coming train! )

I still cant quite believe the hugely positive reaction the car gets, despite the "lumpy" nature of the body work in places.

Which leads me to one of my favourite quotes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford1360 View Post
It's all looking good and solid - like a 50 year-old race car that has been into the hay bales a few times in its life - perfect.
So my current plan (and my plans have been know to change ) is to sort out the big lumps and leave the rest.

I will be happy if I can get a smooth surface to paint, rather than a smooth and flat/straight surface.

Swifty - Funny you should mention salt on the roads, as I was thinking about that myself yesterday.
( As all the cars in my street were covered in frost first thing in the morning. )

I spent so long cutting out and repairing rust during this build that I will also be avoiding salt covered roads.

Those days would be a good excuse to spend some time building a plinth for my passenger side wing mirror.
( As it really is just marginally above completely useless. )

Deggsy - Thanks.

She is definitely a she, but I have deliberately avoided giving her a name.

I'm sure your car will turn as many heads as mind does when you finally get on the road.

Cheers, Paul.