View Single Post
Old 28th April 2015, 18:37

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Tiresome Tuesday - Part 1:
It was bloody cold working on the front driveway this morning, as it takes a few hours for the sunshine to reach it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Gear Box Cover:
The mess you can see is my attempts to work out how the rubber seal was going to cover these angles.

Eventually I had made cardboard templates for both sides.

Although in a rare moment of clarity, I realised the width of the seal would cover the small kink in the driver's side.

So I cut the rubber seal to the right length for the starting point on both sides.

At this point other stuff got in the way, but at least there was some sunshine when I returned...

Frame/Arches/Floors:
Put the final coat of Tetroseal onto the underside of this area.

Which means this is finally ready to be bolted back on to the chassis.

As the rest of the work to be done on this area can still be reached when it is back in position.

Gear Box Cover:
I wanted to mark up the first vertical holes in the bulkhead, but realised the rubber seal would be in the way.

So I fixed the cover into position with just a section of the seal under the cover near the front of the bulkhead.

This allowed me to roughly mark up the position of the hole, before I could fit the "catch" and fine tune the position.

Then I worked my way along the rubber seals, opening up all the holes required in the right place.

Eventually the rubber seals on both sides were done.

So the cover when back on again and the first screws on the vertical face now fitted.

End of Part 1...