View Single Post
Old 9th May 2017, 08:42

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the positive comments guys, much appreciated.

Gary, I was never 100% happy with my original wide scoop either.

Paul, well spotted - I've removed the vents as they were no longer symmetrical to the new scoop. If you recall they started life as an aluminium double row louvred vent intended for a cupboard door that cost me about three quid from ebay, so I had no qualms about ripping them out. I won't be replacing them as the paint tended to flake off the louvre edges.

I'm not sure quite what you're asking about the holes for the bonnet pins, as they're just, well, holes. If it helps, these are the bonnet pins I used -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-...EAAOSwPYZU5M3s -

I've fixed the pins to brackets on the bulkhead and the 'keyhole' escutcheons are screwed down over suitable sized holes directly above the pins. They're adjusted by just screwing the pins in or out as required and locking them off with the nuts provided in the kit. Couldn't be simpler and prevents the back edge of the bonnet from lifting at speed.

Jag - I'll be putting some sort of grille or mesh into the opening of the scoop as it's now very close to the water pump housing which isn't particularly pretty, but haven't fully decided what yet.

Right, back to the grindstone...

Last edited by Mister Towed; 9th May 2017 at 08:47..