View Single Post
Old 5th January 2014, 14:23

scimjim is on a distinguished road

I have no axe to grind over a Triumphs diff or mechanicals, never suggested they were weak and wasn't arguing about anything (the only exception with hindsight would be with mr towed's comment re chassis - it's well documented that for anything more than pootling around, it can't stand much more power in standard trim and removing parts of the bodyshell also removes a lot of the original torsional rigidity) - I simply wished to highlight that increasing the power required some thought about chassis stiffness and rear suspension. I will agree that it definitely needs an upgrade though

chassis work doesn't have to be unsightly or excessive - most v8 conversions (c200bhp) simply seam weld and add a full roll cage?

Losing 150Kg at the nose and a smaller percentage at the rear will change the roll characteristics - but they won't negate the rear suspension design flaw - the original design can give around 20 degrees of camber change (the arb will limit that but may make it break away on the limit much quicker) - the "improved" GT6 rotoflex gives approx. 1 degree of camber change per 15mm of vertical movement (to around 10 deg max)!

Last edited by scimjim; 5th January 2014 at 14:51..