View Single Post
Old 4th February 2017, 08:28

rochdaleGT is on a distinguished road

@paul:

i´m driving / collecting british (kit)cars since around 15 years...so i know how things work.

the mentioned example from you is a different matter:
its a chassis from something and lots of bits and pieces from other cars collected in 1 car. i dont know how it has been registered, but this "parts-bin" looks like a q-plate, hence the name isnt important.

i dont know how many kitcars i have owned in the past 15 years, including all the kitcars imported for friends, plus watching all the other people´s imported kitcars let me say: a high percentage had incorrect paperwork and they had been illegally registered in UK. (v5c´s taken form scrapped cars -same brand- to bring cars on the road avoiding sva/iva. v5c´s taken from scrapped cars -other brand- to bring cars on the road. cars still running on donor papers, even they have been built after 1996, where SVA came into force. rebodied cars which never have been announced to dvla as rebodies, newly factory built kitcars with a new chassis, new body, ford rear axle and triumph engine with an age related plate-even it should be a q-plate-etc, etc).
lots of dodgy registrations out there.

its clear that nobody in UK will built a car to foregin rules...i never demanded nor critisized that...
but is it forbidden to ask "how it was possible to achieve a certain kind of registration"? or did i strike a nerve here?
it also seems that even british-people had been concerned about this BMW-sammio and its future registration:

3rd posting "Good luck getting that through IVA!"

and i must come back again to the sellers statement:

"The V5 (log book) still reads Triumph Herald but the engine details have been updated and read correctly, so if it's going for export it will be easier to register in Europe as a Triumph but if it stays in UK then I will help with the correct UK registration. "

i thought it is correctly registered?

Last edited by rochdaleGT; 4th February 2017 at 09:11..