View Single Post
Old 7th May 2017, 01:10

nostraloom is on a distinguished road
Default Droopy nose and tail.

dino fender 1.jpg

dino fender.jpg

SANY0541.jpgI agree that the front of Deons, JH CLassics and Classic replcas all droop. I noticed it long before I bought one. As I understand it, the original moulds for these cars were taken from a 206, which most examples seem to droop some compared with 246's in profile. If you look at photos of 206 cars, the boot lid always droops down from the back of the engine lid, where as the 246 panels line up level with each other. I suspect that a change was made when they elongated the wheelbase. 246's all have a higher rear. I think some of the kit bodies seem to be drooping a little bit more than others, but in general, they look about right in the back compared to the dino 206 cars. I cut a tapered slice from the top of my front wheelhouses that tapered to zero at the wheel opening and the bonnet opening, raised the front 1 1/2 " and re-glassed everything. The front of the car now looks about like it should. I was surprised, that the front lid now aligns better than it did before and the drop angle of the fiberglass coming down to the headlight opening also looks better. Obviously, I had to rework the beltline to make it level. /Jon