Thread: 1970's Kit Car
View Single Post
Old 19th December 2019, 15:40

zaria123 is on a distinguished road

Hi Folks thank for the replies on this. Sorry it took me so long to respond, I had the setting to email if there were responses but that never happened.

The car was definitely none of the above. It was beetle based ( I used to own a Clan Crusader so I know what they are). The design of it could only be described as crude compared the the vehicles suggested.

I came across a car which I would describe as the closest I have seen. but still not it. The car had a flat slot style rear screen and buttress' a flat rear deck, and very flat rear end with a upward hinged panel on the back to allow access to the engine. The front styling of the car in the photo is very similar with the headlamp recesses, but overall the car my father had would have been a bit more slab sided than the one in the photo.

Whilst it wasn't the most attractively designed car it was very heavily and solidly built. It had a small padded rear bench seat (with no backrest). The doors if I recall (similar to the car in the link) partly recessed in to the roof.