View Single Post
Old 18th March 2012, 12:32

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road
Default G46 images

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident View Post
Well I spent a short while using my amazing graphic skills to adjust the pictures of the G46 to see what it would look like with a more cab back stance.

I am sure you will want to congratulate me on the quality of the MS Paint editing but hopefully you can see past that to the image I was aiming at.

Option 1 - Keep it standard - Most likely option at this point
Option 2 - Cab back and longer bonnet - Difficult to curve the rear arches nicely and not sure how easy to extend the bonnet piece
Option 3 - Cab back and extra section between bonnet and cab - Still hassle with the rear wings but possibly easier at the front.

Any views?

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3
WCA

Our car will look more like option 3 on your graphics, but with the bonnet shut lines gone and using the standard width door. Bonnet to be cut in after (not sure how yet)

I think your sketches show the doors to far back the maximum you can pull them back is 200mm as the two forward (not sure what they are called) torsion bars then get in the way of the floor and your drivers seat would be off centre and only about 300mm wide. This also leaves the head fairing a little longer as it is a bit foreshortened in your sketch.

We are defiantly cutting the body next week and will post photos soon.