Thread: #47 Spyder
View Single Post
Old 16th August 2013, 16:06

christinedmc is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

Update. My alternative for the floors. I'm not too small, so I was a little concerned about the seating position. I also wanted to get the seats positioned as much to the middle of the car as possible (trying to get the hump in line with the middle of the seat).

After boxing the outriggers and ultimately having the chassis preserved and painted (chemacaly depainting, Hydrochloric acid bathing, zincphosphating, cathodic electrodeposition and powdercoating). I mounted 3mm aluminium plates on the underside of the chassis after I had them epoxy coated and given them a layer of underbody protection and black paint. I used strongbond to glue them in (extremely strong stuff) and added large stainless screws.

For the above I made some sills of the 3mm aluminium sheet. Took a lot of force bending them! The sides mounted to the siderails and the front over the middle outrigger, joining the footwell. I used stainless flat head bolts to connect the floors with the floor.

[IMG][/IMG]

After that the underside got a lot of bolt ends!

I got the result that I wanted, a low and flat surface, The main rails of the chassis remain vissible in the interior when finished.

Michiel

Last edited by christinedmc; 22nd August 2013 at 17:21..