View Single Post
Old 7th July 2018, 21:52

Yorkshireman is on a distinguished road

So as the fiberglass went so well and dries really fast, I had the afternoon left and the sunny weather.

The post man arrived with a parcel for me and some comment that was I sure the car would be ready for the end of the month

The parcel was 2 triumph tr4 herald vitesse hinges. All through this project I was determined to use as much of the doner spitfire as possible. But the spitfire mark4 1500 boot lid hingeswere the wrong shape lift angle mounting. So I admitted defeat last time home and ordered these while at work.

So after the rest of the afternoon measuring drilling and fettling the bootlid with sand paper I ended up with an open and closing boot.

Another sucessful day. I am happy with the progress of the kit but I am not sure I need the extra 4 hours moving the boot opening and the extra work i still need to do filling and sanding for paint. If i had been fitting a speed hump I think it was not nessacary to do all the mods.

However my fiance or project manager said the design didnt need a hump. Her quote was as follows when I drive the car you will have all the hump you need therefore the car doesnt need one