View Single Post
Old 15th January 2014, 19:32

Cammy is on a distinguished road

Hi Craig,
I have been meaning to get in touch with you for a while as it seems you and I are the only two guys out there building an E39 based Sportser. Looking at your photos I might be a bit ahead of you in the build process but not much as I changed engine last year and have only just got it in its final position - very long storey which I will happily share with you! I also had the same issue as you regarding the spacer problem. Marlin sent me some spacers, eventually, and I stuck them on with some washers to get round the problem but it still doesn't look right to me and I am planning to get them checked out/fitted properly at a local garage in the next few weeks - same place that did my engine and who will be moving the servo to the passenger side as a result but that's another storey!!

I need to get the car back on its build stands and get the wheels off so that I can get some decent photos and will post them asap - its about time I revealled my efforts via Fickr!

Cheers for now

Cammy

P.S. To all those interested in installing an M52B28TU - I may have found someone who can delete the EWS! Will post a thread when I get some more info/confirmation.