View Single Post
Old 9th September 2018, 12:39

SwiftyDS is on a distinguished road

Yes I’m glad I managed to find a used pair of the lights at a decent price. They do come up every now and then on eBay. I still have to fill the light recesses properly on each side of the clam and the rear plinth needs filling either side of the lenses as well.

As you can probably see from the pics I still need to bond the roof panel and pillars (doors as well which still need fettling particularly adding support/strength pieces to the bottoms where the MR2 skins were trimmed back). When I do the roof and pillars I need to try and tidy up the windscreen edge such that the rubber can be fitted and removed (rather than glued/bonded into place) as I’m trying to make it so that the MR2 windscreen glass can be removed/replaced without having to hack the GRP about.

On the wheels, I still think it’s sitting too high. I haven’t got any lowered springs on the MR2 as yet, plus I think when I fit the inner wing panels (a combo of the original MR2 inner wings/splash guards extended with off cuts from black plastic eave protectors, thanks to Retro200 for that tip) the gaps will not look quite so big. Anyway, it won’t look too bad if I ended up with rally stickers/wrap but if I go with just a white paint job it might look a bit naff. That’s the least of my worries for now and can easily be sorted later.