View Single Post
Old 12th November 2018, 11:39

SwiftyDS is on a distinguished road

Managed to spend a couple of hours over the weekend filling the join between the roof panel and screen pillars. Couple of coats of white primer and I was ready to refit the windscreen rubber.

Profile of the windscreen rubber is better now following the fettling of the screen surround edges.

The sunstrip logo has been on so long now I’m getting a bit bored of it! Think I may end up changing it before I finish. There is a nice RS200 logo in blue with ford logos either side on one of the real RS200s that I may try and have a go at copying but the door skins need my attention first!

In between coats of primer I decided I would bolt in the clam grilles rather than stick with the thin cable ties I had used so far. Went for M4 cross head bolts in black which are just about hidden by the rubber edge strip.

They are in pretty solid now so will do until I get round to painting the car.

I did manage to make a start on the doors, focusing on the brackets to support the bottom edge of the MR2 door where the lower edge had been cut away. Bonded/glassed these in and once I’ve finished an inner support panel each side for the inside of the door skin where the top bolt for the mirror pillar sits I will be just about ready to bond the skins on each side. I will also drill the holes for the Perspex side windows whilst the door skins are off so these are done before they are bonded on.