View Single Post
Old 29th July 2011, 12:15

soporsche is on a distinguished road
Default suspension & update

Hi Patton, thanks for the update on No2 I havnt seen it myself for months as progress has been slower than expected but 'the builder' is a very busy man which I knew before I started and I like the work.
I am due some pics though!!

When it arrives, I will then start my own programme of bits and bobs; after reading the threads Im sure I will need a lowered floorpan and will eventually want to go the swing spring route.

It also will have a rename as No2 will dissapear, its currently known as project TS67 (well by me it is), to Gary its the Green car, to the wife its 'moneypit 2'

Thanks for the feedback on the MGF alloys, i now have a cunning plan!

Psycho Pops - if swapping out I would probably buy aftermarket shocks and adjustable coilovers as a set.. budget varies according to make but there are some OK deals out there.
In terms of handling, I do think the uprated front ARB(Spitfire) is a good idea whether you go swing spring or not and there are usually spitfire ones going as scrap or for low £ or the more expensive but shiny new ones from various suppliers inc Canley.
Having also driven a spitfire before and after - replacing all bushes front and rear with poly set makes a real difference... as with all these things it depends how far you want to go but if i were rebuilding from scratch I couldnt imagine putting a car back together without doing this.