View Single Post
Old 18th February 2019, 06:48

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Sunday
Around 11am I was able to get out for a decent drive, just over 2 hours and 66 miles, which also took me past 3,000 miles.

Despite the sun in the sky, a lot of the roads were still damp in places, so I exercised some caution.

Engine was running nicely and confirmed I prefer 3rd gear twisty sections to overdrive motorway ones.
( Especially as it was particularly blustery during my short blast down the M1. )

Didn't stop for photos until I reached Sainsbury's on the way home.

So no decent photos, but I didn't manage to get one with a shopping trolley in the background.

Despite the fact I haven't got around to cleaning the car, it still got a good reaction out and about.

Also, there were quite a few cars with their roofs down, making the most of the sun, although it wasn't particularly warm.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was late afternoon before I got a chance to make a little more progress on the side mirror plinth.

I use the plastic mirror base to mark up some sheet steel.

Then turned it around to give me a guide to extending the 'short' edge.

To give me something like this.

I also marked up the base plate for the driver's side while I was at it.

After some cutting and grinding I had these pieces.

The mirror would then attach to the top plate like so.

This gives a neat join at one end, or it will when I've finished grinding it to shape.

But there will be an overlap at the other end, with the edge protected by the mirror itself.

This overlap is where the supporting tube will be welded into position.

End of Part 1…