View Single Post
Old 5th April 2006, 07:22
Enthusiast

Patrick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterux
Ok back to your radiator question............

Did yours come with a radiator cap? Is it presurised or not as there is a little overflow pipe near the filler neck.

Also, looking at Staurt's pictures, i don't thnk you can get at this rad cap once the front cowling is fitted, perhaps that's why they provide a filler neck?

Go on, send an email question to Mark and Terry and post the reply for us all to enjoy!

Peter
The rad didnt come with the cap, I had to order that. There is an overflow pipe near the neck. I need to examine the layout of the donor rad as I recon that just a thin open pipe rather than an overflow. I'll have a look when I get home tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart
I have a cap on the top of my radiator but its impossible to take it off due to the front cowling so I have fitted the Marlin supply top hose cap. But then I dont think it is nessecary as I have the BMW expansion tank fitted and can fill the system through this. So i guess I have paid for this hose /cap/filler which really is not nessecary.

Stuart
Yeah, that will be pretty well covered, but you can fill it from the header/expansion tank so that less of an issue.

I have a small pile of bits coming together now that will be putting on eBay