View Single Post
Old 31st December 2014, 18:03

jones is on a distinguished road

So today I woke up and brewed myself a strong coffee and to my amazement managed to get some smaller DIY jobs done, this appeased the wife and finally the headlight buckets came so great start to the day.

During the days after Christmas I had listed my mx5 front end parts with a caveat at the end mentioning I would in the future have some rear parts available. Within 2hrs the front wings were gone and a couple of days later everything but the rear bumper is sold

so with 2.5hrs to play today I removed the bootlid and bumper and everything is ready for the people to pick up on Saturday so I couldn't resist it. Time for a dry test fit, everything went on relatively easily and the roll cage is a great design. However the race against the light fading meant no pictures other than the car put to bed. Tomorrow I have permission to have the whole day playing on it, planning on having all front lights fitted and working. Can't do the rears yet as still waiting for a company to get back to work on the 5th to send the rear reflectors.

One thing I am pleased about is how straight my donor is and therefore how easily everything is unbolting - i bet the rest of the build will not be so smooth!

Last edited by jones; 16th August 2015 at 08:39.. Reason: Typo