Thread: Oxford build
View Single Post
Old 5th August 2012, 20:07

oxford1360 is on a distinguished road

I wanted a "traditional" and "retro" green that is lighter than the traditional group that is considered BRG. I also wanted to have everything the same colour - chassis, suspension, engine, box, brake calipers, body....the lot. So, I needed to be able to match with a high temperature caliper and engine paint. I settled on BS381C-217.....enamel. The reason for this is...........

If you read about the early privateer race teams, they would paint their cars with whatever paint they could get hold of - quite often "borrowed" from agricultural and railway companies. I once read about a small team that used a green that LMS used on its buildings. "Sea Green" was used by a few railway companies on their buildings.

It's not going to be everybody's cup of tea, but I like it.

I might contrast it with a cream rocker cover and a cream nose band, but I'll worry about that later.

This is a rough approximation, but it will depend on your monitor settings -

Current plan is tan 1950s seats.

All good fun.

Actually, it's not real enamel, it's Rustoleum Alkythane 7500 that is good on steel and GRP. It has some flex in it.
This is it -
http://www.promain.co.uk/product/Rus...kythane_id3110

Last edited by oxford1360; 6th August 2012 at 10:59.. Reason: Colour example added