View Single Post
Old 18th March 2015, 15:33

reneanglia is on a distinguished road

I am certainly convinced todays car are much better as 40 years ago,500.000km is'nt rare anymore,cars are saver,more economic,easier to drive,powered steering,powered braking and powered everything.
It tells you how to drive,put on the seatbelt,the doors are closed,the boot is closed,you need service and even if your zipper is closed.
Well.....i am only a little disabled but i can still wind the window up with a cranck,put some pressure to the braking pedal,turn the unpowered steering wheel and i am happy with it.
When i mentioned the points it was just as an example to say how easy such a problem can be solved......and can be repared.
As i found out many times electrical components on todays cars cannot be repared but must be replaced.
Last year my missus Focus drove 20.000km,did'nt brake down but did cost almost 780 euro for only service turns(oil chanche etc.)
The two Anglia's drove also 20.000km,10.000 each.......no breakdown and about 25 euro's each for oil etc.
Oh well,we never be on one line with this discussion,i am just having fun in my old cars and will be driving them with a smile......except when driving the hotrod along the mall..........then i have to look cool