View Single Post
Old 18th March 2015, 16:06

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

I agree with a lot of what you say, don't worry :-)

I think the cost differences with Oil and Services must be down to you CHOOSING to use a garage for the Focus and doing the others yourself.

When the Anglia's were new, and if you used the local Ford garage, they would have been just as expensive, probably more as they need doing more often.

I would be surprised if your Focus needed more than one service in 20,000KM. In the UK it is Oil and Filters at 12,500 miles (just over 20,000KM). 760Euro seems a LOT, a quick Google shows the UK service cost is approx £235 (324 euro) for a major service and just £129 for an interim.

I do understand about replacing components rather than repairing them but I think people (not just you) overstate the difference.

You might be able to repair a part 5 times every 10,000 miles before having to replace it compare to the modern electronic versions that doesn't break for 70,000 miles and then needs replacing.

I really agree about the bings and bongs of safety warnings though. I cannot put my shopping on the passengers seat in my Merc without being Beeped every 15 seconds to put the seat belt on. Grrr

Still, I managed to disable all that in the Z300 so get the modern pleasure of driving the car instead of fixing it with the old fashioned freedom of warning lights and chimes