View Single Post
Old 1st December 2017, 18:44

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Those proportions do shout, "Paint me silver....and add some red numbers."
I agree , it has the proportions to carry that colour scheme ..... someone needs to do one !!

Quote:
The Scimitar is such a good donor.
It is an excellent donor , really good front and rear axles and suspension that open up larger engine options etc...I just wish there were a few more about as it is easier to obtain Triumph donors and that's what kept me Triumph based ...

Quote:
Now I realised that that section has been left completely untouched.

Is the grey strip where the bonnet was cut/joined/extended?
Yes it was decided that the panel would cope with being stretched in front of the vent ....that area is going to be opened up with some vent detail ...Grahams had the 250 SWB styled triple slots on the front edge which was quite subtle ...this will have something a bit more obvious ..

The grey is the grey gel repairs yes ...Christophe from Tribute did it for me ...he took the path that made joining less of a faff ..and he has done a really nice job ...across the wing , two lines parallel to each other along the bulge and then across the bulge on its flattest area .....so the rear slid backwards sliding along the bulge ...its made a really easy and strong repair ...cutting non-straight lines is always good for strength when re-joining two panels ...

When the car is in primer , I might ask him to mould the lower front wings and maybe the rear arches ...to make a conversion a lot easier in the future ...I'm not looking at remoulding the whole thing or re-tooling at this early stage , but would consider creating a roller for a customer doing the mods to a standard kit for them on their own chassis ...