View Single Post
Old 13th April 2016, 20:05

Old Jock is on a distinguished road

I picked up my donor car (less body) today. Yippee!!!! A good look at the chassis and it looks as if there is NO RUST on it other than a little surface rust at the front part which gets cut off - bonus. Down side is that all of the body mounting bolts have disappeared and all of the brake pipes and handbrake cable have gone too but that's a small price to pay for the saving of labour involved in stripping the body off and then disposing of it. It would have been good to see how they were routed but hey ho. I'm sure that will be the least of my problems! The manifold is already tapped for a brake servo, the propshaft and steering shaft are off as is the radiator. I'm off on holiday next week but will be ordering the kit from Mick when I get back. This will put a bit of pressure on to get the chassis degreased in short order so I can take it and the chassis parts to the welder for him to work his magic. I'm not quite sure of the final look of the finished car, but I really do like the look of this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alfa 308 17.jpg (45.5 KB, 31 views)