View Single Post
Old 14th April 2016, 13:53

Old Jock is on a distinguished road

Hi Paul L, Those photos are quite interesting but as a solution to the lock problem it seems a bit "agricultural". As I said in my reply to carphotographer, the Fiorano solution is to put a spacer in each end of the rack to limit the lock. The Spitfire seems to have quite a small turning circle so it seems like a better and neater solution to me. When it comes time for me to do it I will be contacting Mick at Fiorano again for more specific details about what is required.
As far as a build thread is concerned, maybe. I will see how I get on although I haven't set a timescale to complete the build. However, I will be taking photos as work progresses so perhaps I could use that as a journal showing what I did etc. Has anyone done a build thread for a Fiorano before? My wife and I are off on holiday for a week and I have been warned against doing anything to the donor until after we come back. Still, I could always clean up the dash instruments while she is watching the telly! She'd never notice