View Single Post
Old 17th May 2018, 17:10

Barber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by molleur View Post
Hey Barber, here are some helpful info for the correct color.

ALMOND GREEN PPG# 400525 (RKB-85A)

CALIFORNIA SAGE ??

ASTON RACING GREEN
PPG# AST 1140

DBR1 PAINT CODE R-M PAINT CODE R-3213

2000 Lexus dark green mica PPG 48460
Molleur, thanks for the codes, I have been casting around without much success for the AM California Sage one. I saw a nice MGB done in the Sage, but no-one ever publishes the code.

For this stage I am sticking with RAL colours, as Chris can do those in the gelcoat. That way, I can be driving around in something approximating what I want whilst I continue to prevaricate about what to do next. It least the gelcoat will not be eggshell finish.

I am being pressured to get the dining room painting finished, so smoothing back the green eggs may have to be next week. Some scheduling conflicts there though as 2 days are blocked out for a walk in the Surrey hills with a schoolfriend. We usually set off mid morning and make it to a pub for lunch. Surrey has a village every 3-4 miles, most of which have a pub.

After 5 miles up hill and down dale, we make it to another village where we stop off for a refresher. And afterwards, returning to the start point (another pub would you believe) where we dine, meet up with another school friend who still lives locally and basically, get hammered and stop over.

We stick to the range of villages we could reach and return home in a day of mischief on bicycles (before we were able to ride Lambrettas it used to be 16 years old in those days).

Next day, after a late and full breakfast, time for a leisurely stroll along the river, then home and try to convince out wives how far and hard we have walked.