View Single Post
Old 31st January 2014, 13:30

Scottie22 is on a distinguished road
Default Progress

Well Paul, no it does not mean its dark in my kitchen because I have spotlights in my build tent!

They happen to be a spare set from the scrappie,

BUT, one upside of chucking the other half out, is that one does not just have a "man shed" any more. One has a "MAN HOUSE" also, a "MAN GARDEN" and best of all a "MAN LIFE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I once said, this does not work for everyone, but it sure as hell works for me!

Think of it, if you want to strip and engine in your sacred lounge, YOU CAN!

If a flower bed is in the place you want to store your body shell, you simply CONCRETE OVER IT!

The possiblities are endless. Enough of that.

Back to the SAGA of the cockpit divider.

They say its never over 'til the fat lady sings, well, as far as cockpit dividers go, that certainly seems to be the case. I am left with a strong impression that aforementioned fat lady has been seriously dragging her arse a bit when it comes to the vocal department. Lazy cow.

So, I have taken the offending divider out again, totally re-enforced it with fibre paste, drilled out around (seems like) 8 million difficult holes,
and bolted the bloody thing back in place at last .
I sat there looking at it with some sort of satisfaction, when I heard the fat cow trilling away in the background and I knew it was over!

The job was done, nailed, finito, endex.

A bit plus factor is that I have avoided welding stuff into the back of the car, it is all bolted in, which will still give good access if the rear spring ever needs to come out again. All I will need is a spanner, not a
cutting disc!

I have just come in from the build tent now and whatever very small faults the divider has, I will live with them, this has taken longer than I could have imagined, and I am so pleased it is over. Amen.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Scottie22; 31st January 2014 at 16:14.. Reason: typo