View Single Post
Old 27th July 2011, 12:05

soporsche is on a distinguished road
Default Adjustable front springs, roll hoops and brakes

Hi all, ive gone for some good 2nd hand adjustable springs on the front rather than cutting down - similar to those used on the period rally triumphs, also adjustables on the rear but not the spring swing conversion (yet!).
Anyone have any direct experience of the swing spring vs fixed?
I suspect that these will be very very stiff when lowered to the correct (looks like a landrover at the moment) but should certainly eliminate some roll especially with the lighter Sammio body. Anyone else going the adjustable route and if so what types.
P.S. Im on 14 inch rims at the moment (MG wires and adaptor hub) but may replace with some 14 inch MG steel wheels painted to look period (actually spares on MGFs), Ive been told they will fit when looking at options and surfing the forums but not checked in detail yet.

Off topic but.... I have a roll hoop fitted above the drivers 'hump' but still considering whether to fit a brace bar from the hoop top left down diagonally close to the transmission tunnel into the passenger footwell... can anyone whos currently got their body/chassis stripped suggest a natural pick up point for the bottom of this brace if I do fit it (im trying to keep some room for an occasional passenger).

OK, i feel like ive hijacked the thread now, sorry!

Thanks and great progress Trevor, Patton and others...

Last edited by soporsche; 27th July 2011 at 12:13..