View Single Post
Old 10th February 2017, 14:03

SteveP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
Steve,

Rattle cans ! Wow that is dedicated. From the pics it looks bloody excellent. I like that you kept the filler cap as it was. Keeps it simple (?) and keeps the smooth lines.

Are they two reversing lamps or I should one a rear fog in a clear lens ?

Have you noticed any difference in performance since replacing the Z3 parts with the Kobra? I assume it feels pretty much the same?

I ask so many questions. Sorry.

Love the wheels.

Dave

Hi Dave. One of the rear clear lights has a red bulb and is the reversing light. Not taken it through a MOT yet but hopefully it will be ok. I only had the Z3 for one day prior to its strip down so not sure how it compares to original. Hopefully its lighter and with improved air inlet and silencer its a bit quicker. The handling will be different as the track is now much wider and with lowered suspension it will probably be improved when the roads are smooth. She does follow the dips on bumpy country winding roads but I am used to that with some of my other cars (Lotus7 replica and a Chrysler crossfire). The filler cap is off an Audi TT and was flat but the body panel was curved so lots of filler to help it blend in. I am happy with that bit. I am thinking of respraying it satin black as gloss black does show every imperfection in the surface below. It does go well though and everything works on it. I just need to get it closer to 99% as at the moments its more like about 92%. Lack of time does not help.
Cheers Steve from Whiteley Hampshire