View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2016, 16:14

Car photographer is on a distinguished road

I'm a happy bunny - Great bit of progress today - we finally sorted out the carburetor problems - it all stemmed from a split jet on one of the carbs - I tried to replace it with one that looked similar (had no way of knowing what ref or part number the other one was) and thought it was ok - then couldn't get the car running right at all.
It turns out that the jet was totally wrong and so the needle in it was stopping any fuel getting through on the left hand carb - making the car run very roughly. - so we changed both jets and needles and WOW - what a difference - I can't believe these tiny parts can make such a difference to the running of the car!!

So after that I actually had my first ever drive of the car today up and down the driveway (about 20ft) not much, but it felt pretty cool.

So now that's out of the way there's a few small bits to sort before it can go to be MOT'd and then it's just body prep and paint.

Also, I spoke to a guy this week who has a nearby body shop who reckons he can do the paint job pretty cheaply - so now I'm getting very excited indeed!!!