Thread: Bag of nails
View Single Post
Old 29th September 2014, 17:35

morris is on a distinguished road

Just took it back out on the drive and instantly the difference was obvious, so much quieter but still not quite right. I've dropped a bottle of that wynns stuff in to see if that helps but only had time to run it for about 10 minutes afterwards. I suspect it will take a lot more running to get that all through the system.

There's still too much vibration for my liking leading me to believe I may have a slight misfire. You can feel it though the seat when reving up past 1000-2000rpm and the rear view mirror shakes noticeably. At idle the front wings are vibrating as is anything resting on the chassis. I can hear a few small exhaust leaks too where I've not yet pasted the joints or probably tightened them up quite enough which won't help but shouldn't be enough to cause a vibration.

I checked the oil pressure immediately after starting cold and it was up at about 4 bar and then settles down to 1/2 once the coolant is heading towards 70-80.

I'm going to check the plugs next to see if there's any evidence of one of the cylinders not running cleanly