Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 10th February 2012, 10:22
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterux View Post
Are you thinking about becoming MBM's European distributor? Maybe a good business opportunity if Mrs Garner can stand any more Servo boxes

...peter
Mmmmmm, I do seem to have become quite possessive of this little project. That's why I am trying to close it off from my involvement now. Hopefully everyone has enough knowledge and detail to see their own car through to successful completion.

I was a bit disappointed that we only picked up 3 owners away from the Madabout site who joined in (Alan Hogg, Ian Papworth, and Rob Aubrey from MOC forum). The benefits seem so good to me that there must be others (I know one for certain) who would benefit from the upgrade. However, we have advertised the upgrade through the MOC Forum, and through the Pitstop magazine, so there is little more we can do. I would like to think show-casing the up grade at Stoneleigh would be the natural end of this little project.
For those that follow, the information is out there: the adaptor plate will be the only item that can not be bought off the shelf. But any self respecting kit car builder could make one/get one made. (I still have the opportunity to get a second batch made, but only if there are 10 or more interested)

So, good luck to all, and do let us all know your own results/experiences.

(Robin, Patrick, and Peter(ux) are all fairly close to letting us know how their cars compare before and after)

Mike