View Single Post
Old 21st May 2017, 14:06

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

DON'T DRAG ME INTO IT !!!

The Formosa isn't perfect either ...and wouldn't be authentic if it was ...its not bad though !

I am in a slightly different place to some on here ...The S*mmio's were in need of a lot of straightening out ..no secret ..but definitely priced accordingly .... The Formosa is my attempt to up the game on previous renditions sticking to my re-body technique that I love .. ...its a bit difficult to make the comparison with the 250 SWB , they are different concepts really , very different builds , very different outcomes ...

The nearest comparible , in my view is the DNA ...But as you say not available anymore in kit form ...they were around the 7 grand mark I think and are a really nice bit of kit ...as they should be ......3 grand dearer than the Tribute should buy a lot of reduced effort.

But , I actually think they are too good ..super crisp gaps and swage lines that look 'manufactured' ..if that makes sense ...almost too good to be original ...and thats why I can't comment really ..as I prefer the warts and all styled cars from an original aspect but fully understand current builders wanting to build to the highest standard achievable ....

Out of interest ....and I know your answer Jeffy baby ....but if Tribute addressed all the issues , got the panel kit arrow straight , dealt with all the issues , perfect fibreglass etc... would you all be prepared to pay the equal 7 grand for the Roadster and a comparable , say 8-9 grand for the hardtop ?

I suspect many of you wouldn't , but would choose taking the option of the cheaper version and dealing with the issues yourself rather than spend the extra bunce .....

Considering the high prices being quoted to build the cars and also being asked of cars for sale , insurance values etc....and the reduced bodyshop bill or agent build bill starting with a higher priced , higher quality kit ... you'd all still be onto a winner .....

Last edited by lancelot link; 21st May 2017 at 14:22..