View Single Post
Old 4th May 2017, 21:48

trev dunn is on a distinguished road
Default trim and spinners

Thanks guys for the comments for the car and otherwise
Steve you must have eyes like the proverbial s___ house rat. The rear deck looked a bit ragged so I thought I would try to spruce it up a bit my adding a chrome trim along the back (I had a Alfa Spider that had a similar trim) it's just Chrome vinyl wrap that I got off ebay, took a couple of attempts to get it right because of the curves but looks reasonable at 1st glance. The trim across the bonnet bulge is 3M eight inch stick on chrome trim from the local accessory shop, used a heat gun to mend it and it went on well. I know what you mean about the spinners one nut is always some way behind one of the ears, you just have to position them the best you can so you can get in with a short socket but make sure you have a long rachet or use a bit of tube on the end of the rachet so it does not catch on the tyre. Dont know about your wheels but mine are bolt on wires with no off set so when I initially fitted the spinners they stuck out too far so I machined the down the turret part of the spinners so they didn't stick out too far. I'm having the wheels re- balanced I will run the car up to speed without the spinners to see if they are ok I will then re-fit the spinners to see if they caused the wobble I get on the way down to Stoneleigh. Now that I have some time on my hands I will try to sort out this posting pics. Again thank you all for the encouragement.
Trev