View Single Post
Old 1st March 2014, 07:37

mas123mas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viatron View Post
Those speedhut gauges are nice aren't they? Just waiting for mine to arrive now I have supplied them with the Ribble Logo to on them.
Your a brave man putting that sized order in, I do mine in drips and drabs so that the cost isn't so apparent!
Viatron, I know my Mrs would kill me if she every found out how much I spend on my "Toys" as she call them, I initially tried to do this on a budget (this is now a chequebook build, which I know goes against the original idea of "kit cars"), but my budget was blown on the first page, so I then thought I might as well get all the parts I want, in one go, then I only have one bill to hide, plus I am building three 1960's Land Rovers (a 3.5 V8 Auto, 3.9 V8 Manual and 300TDI), so I have been looking at parts that are interchangeable (the gauges, the wiring loom, the lights, seats etc) to try and keep the cost down by buying multiplies, also I can trial fit parts between cars, to ensure the style fits what I want.

I wanted to use a logo, but because this may not stay on this car, it may only be a trial fit I thought I would forget about the logo.

I want there to similarities between the Miglia styling and Land Rovers that I am building, this will not be apparent straight away, but as my builds progress you will see (hopefully if I can make all my ideas reality).

Only time will tell.

Last edited by mas123mas; 1st March 2014 at 07:39..