View Single Post
Old 5th June 2015, 15:16

cal is on a distinguished road
Default Hello - SE5 builder

Afternoon all.
Ive been reading a few of the articles and build stories on this site for a while now and i have to say you guys produce some cracking builds. My favorite by far is the matt bronze Ribble/Samio.
Anyway i recall spotting the Smaio spyder some years ago with a very early build based on the triumph Herald, at the time i was building a westfield and didnt think much of them. However they have grown on me and i love the individuality of them and the endless options with them. Plus the lack of IVA is a god send, anyone who has done it knows the pain!!
Last year i purchased a Relaint Scimitar SE5 in a very sorry state with the idea of returning her to former glory albeit with a much larger engine. However the idea fell my the way when i moved to deepest darkest scotland forcing me to scrap all but the useable parts. I have now got myself a new mancave and space to continue the project and with my rolling chassis coming to me in weeks few i started looking what i could do with it.
I really love the G46 and the fact they are so different plus i can place it on top of an SE5 chassis!
Although i am currently a little confused as to the current state of play of Ribble/Samio. Are G46 body shells still being produced or do i have to murder/extort/bribe a current owner to sell me one?
Any advice welcome

Just thought i would say hello.
Available from eBay