View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2014, 18:37

swifty is on a distinguished road

Finally finished the off side rear wing, i had to cut back my first attempt as it was not quite right when the filler was applied.

IMG_4713.jpg IMG_4714.jpg

The wing is now symmetrical with the nearside and the gap between the cockpit edge and wing curve is even both sides which is what i was looking for.

My first attempt was too high so i cut back the fiberglass to the foam filler then removed some of the foam to give the correct height, fiberglass the whole area again followed by a light skim of filler, then used the cardboard templates i made from the nearside arch profile.

IMG_4709.jpg

Capped the sub frame box section open ends with 1mm plate welded into position to prevent future corrosion.

Also removed the section which tied the front frame to the rear frame as this is the area i am going to add the bits in the previous thread too, moved the tank forward slightly to give me as much room in the boot space as is possible.

The floor i will finish off internally with 2/3mm ally plate possible leveling the front well with the sub frame top and angling the rear well from the front down to the back, the angle i was thinking of using to aid the seat angle backwards to give a more sporty feel and keep the rear of the seat as low down as possible, but again i won't know if this works until its finished.

IMG_4715.jpg

The wire in the mig welder ran out half way through welding the sub frame so i decided to trial fit the bonnet to see how it looks.

The center bulge in the bonnet circled in red is now off center (slightly to the right) to the car's center line and out of line with the bulge in the dash top which i re-done in a previous thread so i now have to come up with an idea to align the bulge, straighten the grill area out and also cover both front wheels with the bonnet oh and also make the gap between the headlights and the grill equal, circled in red.

So to try and achieve all of these realignment issues will be a challenge especially the bonnet bulge.

Well that's it for now see you all soon.

Last edited by swifty; 22nd September 2014 at 18:46..