View Single Post
Old 30th May 2014, 11:38

IanA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffr4 View Post
Just for my interest, these splined parts are original Jag? So hopefully it fit the BMW Z3 as for the PCD. Must fit exactly...?? or not ..??Please inform.As most kits for the MX5 and BMW Z3 require spacers/adapters, because of a wider body, I combine this with the PCD adapter for mounting the original donor hub for wire wheels. As for direct mounting I can order undrilled ones 42mm or 52mm curly from factory and drill the needed holes acoording to the PCD.( CNC ofcourse!)
The ones I'm considering are from MWS and are standard Jaguar fitment with a PCD of 120.6mm and drilled for 1/2" (12.7mm) studs. I'm guessing that standard tolerances mean that they will fit the 120mm PCD and 12mm bolts of the BMW Z3 base car.

I have no concerns over the quality of the MWS offering. What grade steel are the ones you have Jeff?

I have literally just received my first 2 wire wheels by courier. They have 42mm long splines which don't appear to be sharp, a good sign. I was surprised by the diameter of the hub bore- about 70mm.

@Nick- they have some interesting Spanish Bridgestone 195/70x15 Light Truck tyres fitted. Load index 104/102 !!! Not much flex in those sidewalls I bet. They are barely legal so it's all down to those Avon ZV5 or the Maxxis MA AS winter tyres I think. Both V speed rated.

I'll cross post a lot of this info on my build thread once I have everything sorted.

Last edited by IanA; 30th May 2014 at 11:40.. Reason: Maxxis MA 510E 2have a load rating of 99. Maxxis MA-AS is a winter tyre with a 99 load rating and silica compound.