View Single Post
Old 21st May 2017, 09:39

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Did I mention I am sorry I ever started this thread?

I certainly didn’t want it to involve trading insults.

So may be this quote from the original ericholm debate is a better way of explaining it.

Quote:
… It doesn't help when Tribute display unfinished cars for sale on Ebay. That unpainted 250SWB in black doesn't do the current product any justice. Put up a photo of one of the stunning finished cars…
The photos Tribute use are a fair representation of what you are buying from them, a great kit but with some flaws.

As neither of these cars have modern production standard panel gaps and both have clips holding the bottom of the bonnet.

These photos show what you should be able to put together “out of the box”.
( I am honestly not sure why some builders have more fitting issues than others. )

Whereas this is an example of a photo used by Nubodi to advertise their services.

What you are paying Richard and his team to do is bring the basic kit Tribute that supply up to a factory level standard.

So, to me at least, this debate boils down to people expecting a Nubodi standard at a Tribute price, which is fundamentally unfair.

As if you want a production car standard kit, then you need to paid DNA/Mirage prices.

Does that make sense?

Anyway, its not raining at the moment and I've been working on my own car since 8am, so I've got to go...